31 May 2016

Introducing my new Painters in Residence!

It’s been nearly two years since I launched my Painters in Residence programme, and since then many artists and makers have shared their incredible work with us. When I launched the scheme I didn't know exactly how it would evolve, but over the whole process I have added being able to share with you the fantastic, inspiring and creative work, form the people who have been doing wonderful things with my paints and products.

As every single artist involved has an individual style and medium, some working with textiles, others on furniture, and others transforming rooms - their work has been a true reflection of their unique selves. It has been a joy to see their personalities translate using my paint and products . With this in mind, I am very proud to introduce to you my two latest Painters in Residence, Hanayuishi Takaya, based in Kyoto, Japan, and Simon Ollson, who lives and works in Malmo, Sweden.

Both of these artists work in a quite contrasting way, but they definitely have one thing in common -their works are an extension of themselves, as their personalities come through their pieces. Even though Simon is 17 and just starting out, whereas Hanayuishi Takaya is more established, having been featured in such publications as the Daily Telegraph and Glamour Italia, both of their works are complex, interesting and have depth of character.


Simon’s work is all about creating gorgeous, textured patina in rich and bold colour combinations. I love how he has found his personal style so young, he truly is a talented young man, and I cant wait to share his stunning projects with you all!



Hanayuishi Takaya is something truly special. Combining floristry with art and fashion to create one-of-a-kind headdresses, he uses all sorts of objects - flowers, vegetables and fruits, even taxidermy to create his unique and ethereal pieces. I love the way he works on the spot, allowing the personalty of the person to spontaneously invent, calling it ‘a unity of human and nature.’ His work that he has conjured up as my Painter in Residence is beyond anything I have ever seen before, and I can’t wait to see your reaction! Take a look at his website and Facebook to see more of his current work.

Follow the hashtag #PaintersInResidence on Instagram and Facebook to see projects from Simon and TAKAYA over the coming weeks, and head to my ‘Painters in Residence’ Pinterest board too.

1 comment: